The Influence of Organizational Culture Adaptability Towards the Organizational Commitment of the Staff of Universitas Terbuka

Sunarsih, Nenah and Mashithoh, Heriyanni (2015) The Influence of Organizational Culture Adaptability Towards the Organizational Commitment of the Staff of Universitas Terbuka. In: SIBR 2015 Hongkong Conference on Interdisciplinary Business & Economics, 3-4 Oktober 2015, Hongkong.

[img]
Preview
Text
2015-ln-017.pdf

Download (87kB) | Preview

Abstract

Basically, fulfilling a commitment is the same as fulfilling an obligation, responsibility and promise of an employee in performing his or her duty. An organizational culture which is not adaptive to the growth, and the development within an organization will result in the weak commitment to the employees. Committed employees will work optimally as the organization expects. However, not all employees can fulfill their commitments well. Commitment level between employees may vary, starting from the weakest to the strongest or the very committed. Nowadays, the pace of ever-changing environment makes organizations realize the importance of organizational culture adaptability. This research is aimed to analyze the influence of organizational culture adaptability towards the organizational commitment of the staff of Universitas Terbuka. The number of respondents was 90 employees at UT Headquarters, which were selected by simple random sampling methods. The questionnaire used the Likert scale, and data were analyzed by regression using SPSS 17.00 for windows program. The results of the study are (1) organizational culture adaptability has a positive and significant influence on the organizational commitment of the staff of Universitas Terbuka. The result shows that the stronger the organizational culture adaptability, the higher the organization’s commitment is, (2) coefficient of determination (Adjusted R Square) is 37.2%. It shows that the variable of organizational culture adaptability influences the variable of organizational commitment by 37.2%. The remaining 62.8% shows that the change in organizational commitment in UT is affected by other factors such as work satisfaction, leadership style, motivation and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors (OCB).

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Additional Information (ID): 2015-In-017
Uncontrolled Keywords: organizational culture; organizational commitment; adaptability
Subjects: 300 Social Science > 300-309 Sociology and Anthropology (Sosiologi dan Antropologi) > 306.4 Specific Aspect of Culture (Aspek Spesifik tentang Budaya dan Kebudayaan)
300 Social Science > 370-379 Education (Pendidikan) > 370.6 Organization of Education (Organisasi di Bidang Pendidikan)
Divisions: Koleksi Digital > Artikel
Depositing User: Praba UT
Date Deposited: 25 Oct 2016 02:10
Last Modified: 12 Feb 2019 09:28
URI: http://repository.ut.ac.id/id/eprint/3801

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item