Sukuk Growth Comparation. Why Does Indonesia Lose With Malaysia?

Hadziq, M. Fuad and Meilani, Any (2020) Sukuk Growth Comparation. Why Does Indonesia Lose With Malaysia? In: #rd International semiar on business,economics,social science and technology (ISBEST) & the 6th annual international conference on economics in developing countries (AICEDC) 2020. Theme: creative economy in digital era, 4-5 November 2020, Universitas Terbuka.

Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial No Derivatives.

Download (693kB) | Preview
Official URL:


The development sukuk of Indonesia is very slow. Even though Indonesia has been considered a potential market in the Islamic finance industry. The purpose of this research is to analyze the causal factors in the slowdown of sukuk growth. Macroeconomic variables between Indonesia and Malaysia. And measuring the magnitude of the influence of macroeconomic variables on the growth of sukuk. This research method uses descriptive analysis methods, as well as a combination of quantitative and qualitative research. The research data are data on the BI Rate, inflation, time deposits, sukuk, economic growth, deposits and the money supply. The time range is 8 years starting from 2008 to 2015 in the form of a monthly time series. The result is variable deposits, SBI, GDP, inflation, deposits of Islamic banking, the money supply has an effect of 96% on the growth of sukuk in Indonesia, while the remaining 4% is influenced by other variables. The growth of Malaysian sukuk is much bigger and faster than Indonesia, namely reaching 97.5% and usually 2.5% is influenced by other factors. Government efforts in sukuk growth solutions in Indonesia suggest that the distribution of APBN funds to Islamic banking and investment into sukuk is mainly in the infrastructure sector.

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Uncontrolled Keywords: Sukuk, macro variable, path analysis, Malaysia
Subjects: 600 Technology and Applied Sciences > 650-659 Management and Auxiliary Service (Manajemen dan Ilmu yang Berkaitan) > 658.152 Management of Investment, Capitalization (Manajemen Investasi, Manajemen Modal, Kapitalisasi)
Divisions: Prosiding Seminar > ISBEST 2020
Depositing User: CR Cherrie Rachman
Date Deposited: 19 Oct 2021 07:56
Last Modified: 19 Oct 2021 07:56

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item